(Washington, DC) It’s mid-January and we’ve been enjoying the mild weather, but the likelihood of escaping this winter without a snow storm is dwindling rapidly. Don’t get caught without a plan and the supplies necessary to weather a snow storm. Do you have a shovel, salt or other abrasives for your sidewalk? Do you have a scraper to remove snow from your car and a shovel to dig out your car if you get stuck? For more extensive lists of tips to prepare your family, home and car for winter weather go to snow.dc.gov.
Here are some highlights:
- Check with your child's school for closures.
- Plan your transportation ahead of time.
- Check weather forecasts weekly.
- Form a neighborhood shoveling team before it begins snowing.
- Learn more about snow operations based on the severity of storms.
Make sure your car is winter-ready.
Go to snow.dc.gov for winter safety tips for pedestrians, cyclists, and motorists as well as tips for safe cooking and heating your home. We want you to plan today just in case we have to plow tomorrow.